Monday, December 28, 2009

What are my chances of getting recruited to play soccer in college?

I'm a junior in high school, first year varsity :( I know that isn't too great but soccer in my town is very political. Everyone plays soccer here, we have one of the best girls clubs in the nation. I play on the second tier U17 team for club. We're not bad; we travel all over and have beat some of the best teams in Washington. The team above us is amazing and goes to national championships almost every year.



I have high hopes for the next two years of high school soccer, as the aforementioned players are now on my varsity team. Some of them are already committed (as juniors) to some of the most selective and highly competitive colleges in the country.



I'm just wondering about my chances and whether I should try to get recruited or not.



I would not want to go to a school of lesser-academics just because of a soccer scholarship. I am able to get into schools without the help of soccer



I have a 4.2 GPA, many AP and honors classes, and a 2130 SAT w/o studying



So, any advice?



What are my chances of getting recruited to play soccer in college?

You have to be very good. Then send a highlight tape to the schools of your choice. I think you can walk on if you dont get a scholarship. Maybe you can earn one. Either way I think it is very hard to get a scholarship. Its probably not likely.



What are my chances of getting recruited to play soccer in college?

The best way to get noticed is to go to college showcases. So many coaches go to them, so theres a great chance of getting noticed. I know some kids who sat the bench, but still got noticed just because they were on a good team.



Also, most college websites have an athletic form that you can fill out, just to let the college know you are interested. I did that, and the college coach contacted me and came to one of my games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared hosting